I can relate to the reluctant goose that I captured in this video. At first he doesn’t want to follow the others. He has his own idea. His buddies move on (and even poop on his path!) but he soon realizes that they have the right idea and follows behind.
That’s the way I’ve been with social media. I see others posting and I’ve just been sitting, procrastinating and not participating. I’ve been a reluctant goose!
I’m ready to join in and follow because I think it is important. My main interest is in getting better acquainted with others and it would be great if I could shift some mindsets, create positive change and increase self-awareness . . . while having fun along the way.
Just like this reluctant goose, it’s good for me to see what others are doing and follow their lead. So your comments/advice and feedback are very important to me.
“Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed,” says Proverbs 15:22. For this goose, following the lead/advice of others was a great choice because a) he was in the middle of the road with more cars coming and b) rather than just being by himself he enjoys hanging out with other geese.
Lessons from the reluctant goose . . .
- It’s time for me to get off my butt and join social media as a great way to get better acquainted with others.
- Listening to trusted counselors is a good thing for me.
- I listen to others in my community rather than relying exclusively on my own perspective.
- I can change my plans, especially if I realize that I am at risk of harming myself or others.
- I am committed to prayerfully seeking wise counsel and then taking action.
Are you a reluctant goose? What is an opportunity that you need to get up and chase?
Shine bright this week!